Sweets for your Sweetie
Valentine’s Day is coming up and baking treats for that special someone is a great way to show that you care. Homemade treats also are fun to make and add a personal touch that will be remembered. Check out the recipes to the right, brought to you by RecipeMatcher. For those of you that will be taking your Valentine out to dinner, keep the following tips in mind, whether your relationship is new or you have been with your Valentine for a long time.
Valentine's Dinner Date Etiquette
1. Don't ever order the most expensive item on the menu; you do not want your date to think they are being taken advantage of.
2. Enjoy a glass of wine or cocktail at dinner (or two, if you're saucy), but try to avoid drinking too much and getting carried away.
3. A great date involves balance in the conversation: don't talk too much or too little about yourself.
4. If your date is dressed nice (we are hoping that your date will dress nicely), let them know. Compliments go a long way.
5. When looking over the menu, ask if your date likes to share. If so, suggest small dishes to split-or swap plates halfway through the meal if you feel at ease.
6. Have fun!