Caramelized Banana Split
Ingredients - Serves 4
3/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 bananas, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 pint plus 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
1/4 cup shaved semisweet or milk chocolate
1. Heat sugar in a large heavy-bottomed saute pan over medium-high heat. Let stand until edge of sugar starts to melt and turn golden. Carefully swirl pan to incorporate all of the sugar. Continue cooking until sugar is a golden-brown caramel, 6 to 8 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to low, and stir in butter. Add bananas, carefully roll in caramel, and cook, turning bananas occasionally until just soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove bananas from caramel, and place in serving dishes. Add 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream to caramel sauce, and stir until smooth and creamy. Scoop remaining ice cream over bananas, pour caramel over ice cream, and sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
Butterscotch Banana Splits
Ingredients - Serves 8
1 cup heavy cream
6 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
8 bananas, peeled and split lengthwise
2 pints chocolate ice cream (or your favorite)
1/2 cup salted peanuts, roughly chopped (optional)
8 maraschino cherries (optional)
1. Make butterscotch sauce: In a small saucepan, combine 1/3 cup cream, butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over high heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. Sauce can also be made up to 1 week ahead; cover and refrigerate in an airtight container.
2. If sauce is refrigerated, place in microwave, before serving, for 30 seconds; stir. If still too thick, microwave for 15 seconds more, and stir again.
Whip the cream: In a large bowl, whisk remaining 2/3 cup cream and granulated sugar until soft peaks form.
3. Assemble: In each of eight shallow dishes, arrange 2 banana halves lengthwise. Place 2 scoops ice cream on bananas. Top with butterscotch sauce, whipped cream, and, if desired, peanuts and a cherry.
Mini Banana Splits
Ingredients - Makes 6
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 bananas, peeled and sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
1 pint frozen yogurt
Whip cream to soft peaks; set aside. Place banana slices around inside edges of six small bowls. Fill with a scoop of frozen yogurt; top with strawberry or caramel sauce, if desired, and whipped cream.
Ingredients - Makes 3/4 Cup
1 pint strawberries, stems removed, quartered
2 tablespoons sugar
Place strawberries and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook until sugar dissolves and strawberries are soft, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender, puree until smooth. Store up to 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Ingredients - Makes 1 Cup
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil without stirring. Wipe down sides of pan with a pastry brush dipped in water to prevent sugar crystals from forming. Just as liquid begins to brown, swirl pan to color evenly. Remove from heat when liquid is dark amber. Slowly add cream, stirring with a wooden spoon. Add butter and vanilla; stir to combine. Let cool slightly. Store up to 1 week in the refrigerator, and bring to room temperature before serving.
1/2 Cup crushed pineapple
1 banana, split in half
3 scoops strawberry frozen yogurt
3 scoop Trop. Fruit Formula 1
8 oz non-fat milk
2 pcs. banana
ice cubes (optional)
Place frozen yogurt and bananas in a bowl and top with mix and pineapple
Fancy Banana Split
- Chef Kamarul -
(ala carte recipe book)
4 biji Pisang (raja / berangan)
1 cawan Tepung
2 biji Telur
1 cawan Serbuk cornflakes
½ sudu kecil Serbuk kulit kayu manis
200 gm Kacang badam (bakar & cincang)
2 skop Aiskrim vanilla
2 skop Aiskrim coklat
2 skop Aiskrim strawberry
4 biji Strawberry
2 tangkai Daun pudina
100 ml Sos coklet
1. buang kulit pisang dan salutkan dengan tepung dan serbuk kulit kayu manis
2. celupkan pula dengan telur
3. kemudian gaulkan dengan serbuk cornflakes
4. goreng dengan mentega dan minyak sehingga garing
5. angkat dan toskan minyak
6. hidangkan bersama aiskrim.
7. hiaskan dengan sos coklat, strawberry, kacang badam daun pudina