- Welcome To My Kitchen -


There is no spectacle on earth more appealing than that of a beautiful woman in the act of cooking dinner for someone she loves.

Thomas Wolfe (1900–1938), U.S. author. The Web and the Rock, ch. 28 (1939).




Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Weight Loss B4 The BIG Day

Monday, March 2, 2009

Pucuk Paku

It has been few days i'm not updating this blog. Actually i'm quite bz when my mother in law came to stay at our house. She came last saturday & went back on thursday. My hubby had to stay at banting site, so i've to entertain my MIL alone. Plus on wednesday morning, i had a very bad fever. I had to take mc bcoz' i can't get up. Luckily my hubby was on leave that day. My body shivered, my head spinned, my throat sore. I vomitted that morning. The doc said my body temperature was very high. Then on thursday morning after we sent my MIL to the bus station, my right leg hurt. I can't walk properly until today. Then yesterday, my throat hurt very badly. I can't swallow. When i coughed, it terribly hurt. Since my assistant is on leave today, i've to come the office.
Enough with my fever. Back to cooking. My hubby bought pucuk paku & budu during my MIL stay bcoz' both of them are my MIL's fav. I cooked sayur lemak pucuk paku trganu style during her stay. She steam kangkung & ate it with budu. My MIL is a little bit picky with food bcoz' she didn't eat chicken & meat. & a few days ago, we found out that she's allergic with the prawn. Actually we took her the hospital on the same day i went to see the doc bcoz' she said her body itching & her fingers swollen.
After few days i didn't eat rice, today i ransack my freeze & i found the leftovers of pucuk paku. & then i remember kak liza' recipe of pucuk paku goreng budu. Luckily the budu is still in my freeze. I only used pucuk paku bcoz' i've no long beans.



Pucuk Paku Goreng Budu
Sumber : Kak Liza


Bahan
500 gm pucuk paku > potong dan bersihkan
3 urat kacang panjang ]
2 s/b minyak
2 s/b budu

Bahan Tumbuk
50 gm ikan bilis
5 tangkai cili merah
10 tangkai ciliapi
3 ulas bawang merah
1 ulas bawang putih

Cara
1. Panaskan minyak dalam kuali dan tumiskan bahan tumbuk sehingga wangi.
2. Masukkan sayur pucuk paku dan budu. [jangan masukkan garam sbb budu dah masin]
3. Kacau rata dan tutup kuali sebentar.
4. hidangakn dalam pinggan bersama nasi putih.



PUCUK PAKU MASAK BELACAN
From: linda@msctc.com.my linda@msctc.com.my

Bahan - bahan
sayur pucuk paku
4 ulas bawang merah ]
2 ulas bawang putih ]
halia ] ditumbuk halus
cili api - ikut sukarasa kepedasan ]
sedikit ikan bilis/udang kering ]
sedikit belacan yg dibakar ]
garam dan pak aji secukup rasa
sedikit minyak utk menumis
sedikit air

Cara-caranya
Tumiskan bahan2 yg ditumbuk sehingga garing, kemudian masukkan sedikit air dan masukkan pucuk paku dan garam dan perasa dan gorengkan sebati. Jgn terlalu masak sebab nanti sayur tu lembik hanya biarkan sayur tu layu sedikit dan bila kita makan terasa sayur tu rangup ..


The following recipe was taught by my mom. It was so ez to make.

Masak Lemak Pucuk Paku

Bahan-bahan
1 ikat pucuk paku hijau (RM1)
4 ulas bawang merah ]
1 inci kunyit hidup ]
Secubit lada hitam ] ditumbuk halus
Segenggam ikan bilis ]
1 mangkuk santan pekat
Garam & bahan perasa secukup rasa

Cara-cara
1. Renihkan santan bersama bawang merah, kunyit hidup, lada hitam & ikan bilis yang telah ditumbuk halus. Kacau.
2. Apabila santan sudah mendidih, masukkan pucuk paku, serbuk perasa & garam.
3. Kacau seketika & boleh la diangkat.

No comments:


One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
Virginia Woolf (1882–1941), British novelist. A Room of One’s Own, ch. 1 (1929).