This week RecipeMatcher asks you to try something new for dessert. Try having the whole family help make dessert and everyone can enjoy it in the backyard. Or, try surprising the family with a new dessert that no one has ever tried.
Check out some RecipeMatcher recipes to the right like, Superb Strawberry Shortcake, Apple Crisp and some of our old favorites like The De Leon Chocolate Chip Cookies and Best Brownies.
Tips: Here are some great ideas to make your dessert healthier and light.
1. Instead of using all white flour you can put half white and half whole-wheat flour.
2. If a recipe asks for brown and white sugar put less of the white. Brown sugar will add the flavor.
3. Always try to find a lighter substitute such as, light cream cheese instead of regular. If the recipe asks for buttermilk try the low-fat version.
4. Instead of using butter one great substitute is canola oil.
5. If the dessert requires ice cream search for a light, great tasting ice cream, or try low-fat or non-fat frozen yogurt.. There are a lot less calories and fat in these types of ice creams and frozen yogurt.